Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm not broken.

Not really. That's what the doc said today.. he's a good and compassionate man and he says it's the extreme circumstances that are causin' my stress which we both already know... but sometimes I worry about me. And since he's followed me so long, he knows the whole work/legal situation and what they're doin' to me and he's of the opinion that we need to just keep me chilled out a little bit longer till some legal type person gets the chance to get somethin' done to make a difference. He's convinced that when this is all over I won't need any of these anxiety meds at all, so he didn't want to start me on any new meds right now, just upped what I already had... kind of a relief and kinda not. I'm tired of bein' tired already... and now more? But he did write up some stuff that he wants me to put in this next round of legal paperwork which might be helpful. we shall see.

In the meantime, I just bought a fish sandwich for lunch/dinner... now just have to make myself eat it. It looked good when I bought it.... ::sigh::

So. What are you all doin' for a wild weekend? I need some ideas :) I did download a few books. Maybe I'll just go fluff up my bed and spend the rest of this rainy day reading. I did manage to buy some candy at the store too. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I absolutely hated being dependent upon Xanax for a little over 2 years several years back. I developed insomnia, which was due to anxiety. I had to wean myself off because the husband and I wanted to try to get pregnant.

Hopefully your doctor is right, and you won't need any anti-anxiety meds ones this is all said and done.

I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend with whatever you decide to do.

Kath said...

I agree with your doc - don't think you'll need those anxiety meds when this crap is over and done with!

A rainy day in bed with a box of candy and a stack of books sounds like heaven to me! I think you have the right idea.