Friday, January 22, 2010

I've been to Haiti too...

Twice. Just stops on cruise ships - but long enough to see enough. Haiti is a beautiful place with one of the best beaches I've ever been on and I have a jar full of seashells I picked up myself. But otherwise, not so much. No jobs, no money... most of those people were very poor long before this earthquake. The pain and despair we are constantly seeing "live" on tv... besides sometimes makin' ya cry, it also makes you think just how humble us little people are and what's really important in this world. My mind is a constant video lately of how I wonder things would be if something that horrific happened here. Cuz it could. In a day, a year, or an hour. And now all I can do is keep thinking of this little song - you know how those catchy little songs stay in your head? They were talking to a little boy in Haiti who was maybe about 7 or 8 and they were tryin' to get him to talk, but all the little boy did was shyly but confidently sing.... "He's got the whole world in His hands, He's got the whole wide world... in His hands"... 'Nuff said. And Amen.

No comments: