Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wonderfuuul.

There's a commercial on tv where the kid keeps saying about their new carpet - it's "beautiful". He says it about 20 times.

That's how I feel this morning about wonderful. I just came in from the hot tub - God bless 103 degrees. It was still a little dark, but chilly! My hot tub has a strict dress code - but sometimes tops are optional since I live alone and have no neighbors that could see, so I opted for no top this mornin'. Yeah, I'm wild like that *grin*. But as I soaked and watched the sun come up through the steam - I heard a rooster. There's lots of farms out here, but after a while, I heard another rooster on a farm a ways away. They were crowin' back and forth to each other.. the sun was lookin bright, and I was toasty warm. Wonderful.

So now.. since a certain Sheepish friend of mine speaks highly of waff-ooz for breakfast on a day off.. I think that's just what I'm gonna do. Now granted, my waffle maker doesn't have a princess on it like hers.. but waffles smothered in syrup sounds like a fine next step in my day. Wonderful... and I'm gonna ride this happy little wave as long as it lasts.

I am blessed.

Noon update: Oh wow! I just went out and inspected my one lonesome little lavender plant and snipped the few purple buds. Why did I only plant one? Cuz I had never tried it before and didn't know what to expect, that's why. I think mine is past prime, but the aroma is still heavenly! I read a little about it online -who knew there were so many varieties? Not me.. but I"m thinkin' next year I'm gonna not waste my time with the veggies.. I'm just gonna plant at least ten different varieties of lavender plants!!

3 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

Your morning sounds wonderful! I can understand why you love your hot tub so much. How delightful on a cool morning.

I knew you'd love planting lavender too. I had to buy some online this year though. French Lavender. I used to get some from my friend, Roxanne, but since she's moved to Pennsylvania she hasn't planted any yet. I adore it! I hope yours comes back next year even better than what you got this year. You know the saying about planting lavender for luck, don't you? It's in the movie Practical Magic. xxoo

Kath said...

Oh hot tubs are indeed wonderful! I have access to one but since it's on the other side of town (a five minute drive) I don't ever go.

And yes - I love lavender also and don't know why I've never tried planting it. But I will next year!

Sheepish Annie said...

I envy you your hot tub. No amount of princess waff-ooz could equal the joy of sitting there feeling all warm and watching the sun rise. Or set. Or whatever. It just sounds nice...

Although I do love a good waff-oo!