Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hello little bloggie :)

I know, I know... but I've been a busy girl... but I'm gettin' er done. Including just having the carport roof raised two feet so I can get the cutest little camper in the world under it. Yeah.. I really should have thought about the height of that camper before I bought it online and sight unseen, because I had every intention to park underneath The carport I already have. I know myself, If I can't get the camper in and out easy and quick, I know I'll never use it - sooooo, raise the roof I did!! *grin*.

Next up is vehicle shopping for something I can tow it with. I've spent the night out there a few times now and I must say, it IS quite comfy! When I'm ready, I have friends that are gonna take me with them camping and show me all the gee-gaws and how they work, camp etiquette... and how to build a good campfire ::laughing:: I'm looking forward to it. And you know I'm gonna blog all about it. Actually, that's been my "writing project" I'm working on - to document my "camping solo" adventures. I should have plenty to work with ::laughing::

It's been quiet on the job so far and I've heard nothing from the retirement board. But it's ok. I really like having my paycheck and I only have 4 more years to go, I pretty much don't even care anymore what happens, I'm gonna be fine as long as I learn how to take care of me along with everything else. And I'm getting there, one step at a time. Sometimes it feels like one step forward and two back, but I know that's not true and I just put my faith into a power bigger than me. So far, so good.

I've also been doing lots of reading - amazing how handy that iPad has become when it just tucks in my purse! I'm also starting to play with my cameras and even working on writing and camping stuff. Projects to keep me busy... and even as I write this I think what a fine thing it is. There was a time not so long ago when I had no desire to work on ANY hobbies whatsoever, not even reading books... yet look at what I just wrote. What a difference a few years can finally make. I am definitely a survivor.

And I am also abundantly blessed. Amen.

1 comment:

E. Smith said...

I can't wait to read about the camping adventures! I'm so glad you are doing well.