Sunday, June 5, 2011

My next 30 years..

That Tim McGraw song hit home for me because that's pretty much what I've been doing for the past year or so. With so many people around me sick and workin' in a hospital and seein' so much... I decided a little bit back I shouldn't take my health for such granted. I am not 30 anymore and I am not the immortal being that you think you are in those years. That's one thing dad always said "If ya haven't got your health you ain't got nothin". So in his honor, I've been trying to find healthy ways to channel stress and I do believe I'm finding it. He'd be proud.

And I must be doing something right if I feel this good and I know my dad always pushed his body to do hard work no matter what - and I'm trying to keep that in mind. It's not easy, but I know it's good for me. Pilates is my new habit. I actually look forward to doing a workout. How crazy am I?? Maybe it's a phase, but maybe not and I'll cross my fingers for the not *grin*.

All I know is I feel goooood. And I am blessed for this day.

No comments: