Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wow - cool!

I just found a purse I totally forgot I had - and it's just what I wanted! ::laughing:: I just switched over and I'm using it today. I was really needing something good to happen... so I guess I'll just have to settle for that :)

I've been on a purging binge lately - I was looking at some pictures the other day and saw one of me from about 10 years ago in a bathing suit - the same bathing suit I still wore this past summer!!! So I've decided I've been holdin' on to stuff a tad bit longer than necessary. Now that I am just one, I have no reason to scrimp so much or make stuff last for a hundred years, so the Goodwill has been making out like a bandit and I have much more room in the closets - and some new found good stuff like that purse!

Besides, now that I'm 50, I believe I'm entitled to a "re-do" ::laughing::

On other news, it's been snowing for about a hundred days and there are about a hundred feet of snow out there. I've been trying to keep up with it, but now the method is to just rev the engine of the car and ram it through the snowbank. So far I've been successful - but it snowed again last night...

So there ya go. All the exciting news that's fit to print. And now.... outward into the frozen tundra where I hopefully will not get my car stuck in my own yard. Amen.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I have a ginormous purse fetish, as some people have with shoes. I went through a current new purse addiction, lol, where I was buying one a month *looks around shamelessly*.

I tend to re-use my purses though, so that's a plus, right?! I have done the same thing and come across one that I had forgotten about, and it was just what I was looking for.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, so sorry, that I have been behind on all blog reading. "Life issues" have gotten in the way (lots of mris, etc but the worst has been the heartache of worrying overing a loved one and an issue that we can't "fix" only he can). I have talked about you to my husband as we been driving to and fro from drs appts etc. I am so sorry and ashamed that I haven't checked in --- BUT I give you my word that I have prayed for you. May the sweet memories of your dad be the one that comfort you. Just know that someone down in east Tennnessee is thinking of you even when I'm away from the computer. Sending you an apology and a very belated hug. My sincere sympathy. Dee from Tennessee

Kath said...

Hundred days of snow? Snowbanks, eh? Hmmm...so I guess I don't get to complain that it rained last night and the lake in the parking lot this morning was still there when I went home and it was dark and I didn't see it and stepped in it and poor me with wet feet all the way home. But I do get the award for Run On Sentence Of The Year! Right? :)