Sunday, June 6, 2010

Evidence...

Not good evidence, but still, might as well share the pics I did get. So this is Mr. Turtle and I swear his head was easily the size of my hand.

And for your blurry viewing pleasure.. Mr. Groundhog daddy chomping away happily in my backyard...

He might look smaller than I um... uh.. described.. but he's BIG. And this doesn't show him standin' up *grin*. And yeah, I know I need to get that lawn mowed... but not today.

Then there was this little guy just now. Even in the rain it's a fight between the cardinals and this little chipmunk to see who can eat more sunflower seeds. I think little chippy here might be winnin'.

It's a downpour kinda, dark, dreary, rainy-rainy-rainy day out there... so it's gonna be a good day to read a book and a do it yourself home spa day sounds good too. The lawn will have to wait. And that's ok too.

3 comments:

Kimberley said...

Cute photos! I can't say I have ever seen a groundhog in real life, we have lots of gophers though, they must be a close cousin!

Sheepish Annie said...

You've got quite the little menagerie going there! I happen to have a deep and long-standing love of chipmunks so I'm always glad to see one of them. LOVE those chubby, little cheeks!!!

Kath said...

Wow, I've seen pet turtles that size in someone's yard but never just moseying down the road! And yeah, I agree, the chipmunk definitely going to win this round. He's just his cheeks stuffed so full it looks like his head is the same size as his body!