Friday, January 1, 2010

So, did everyone survive?

Happy New Years wishes to all. I tried to stay up, because of the special full blue moon night, ya know, but I just couldn't do it. Hehehe, I woke up at about 10 and thought I'd make it, fell asleep and woke up about 11:45 and knew I'd make it, fell asleep again about 11:58 and was positive I could do it - I was watching everyone on tv pull out their cameras getting ready to take pictures of the ball dropping... and that's the last I remember hehehe.

Hey, it was a long day and I celebrated early and long. It was also the first day of the rest of my life as the new woman I am (remember the 49 and fabulous... yeah, that ::laughing) and I spent most of the morning making it legally so. And it was a happy day (well, except for the mouse incident, but I'll tell ya that story later. Eww.) I couldn't stop staring at all the pictures of baby Augusto, but most awesome of all is they decided what my "gramma" name will be and what they want their son to call me... Mamalia! Do you love it? I do. It's perfect - a special combination of names that I know they took time to think about. And I was honored and blessed.

So today I'm gonna be a couch potato. I think I overdosed on bread last night - I ate most of a whole loaf of italian dipped in oil and herbs. Mmmm... hmm.. and now that I think of it, there is a little left.

Oh, and did I mention the MOUSE situation? I have a 20 pound cat... and apparently... mice who like to play in my kitchen. More about that later, but perhaps now you know why i needed to start my "celebration" early yesterday... hehehe. Just sayin'.

4 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

Happy New Year girl! Yes, I survived but I don't know how healthy those guys are gonna be if they don't give me a day of rest. Yes, they came at 12:00 today and are making me crazy. I've GOT to be rested for my family celebration tomorrow. *Sheesh!*

I think that's a perfect name for your grandson to call you. Mamalia; it has a ring to it.

Hope you get the mouse situation under control. I can just imagine what the kitchen looks like with a cat chasing a mouse through it. xxoo

chocolate and whine said...

Mice? Yikes. I didn't make it up to midnight either, but then... I didn't even try. I was in bed by 10:30. (Hey, I had to work at 6am yesterday! I was exhausted!) Happy New Year!!

ROLLERWRITER said...

I saw midnight and then nothing else until 10am. Yeah, I can party. Today was a lot of staring into space and watching a Jennifer Aniston marathon on Lifetime. Ah yes, the new year. You grandmas need to start getting your rest so you have the energy to make those trips to visit the babies. Hopefully soon.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

have FUN,
celebrated,
couch potato,

sound familiar?
agree, let our friendship begin :)

happy new year, Mia!
I love your name, my nickname is Mieer! see Be True in my blog.

http://en.wordpress.com/tag/jingle/

or

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com
welcome.