Friday, September 25, 2009

Oww. And Amen.

I called in today and just woke up from my second nap of the morning.. but I just can't sleep anymore. My whole face hurts. Half of the root canal is done - even after being on antibiotics for a zillion years, it was still too infected for him to do the whole thing at once. So I have another appt. for two weeks. Yeah. Two weeks. Until then I'm not supposed to chew at all on that side (which isn't too cool since my whole jaw on the other side is where the wisdom tooth is still killing me from the last visit to the other dentist so I've been chewing on the side that they just did the root canal on).... but here's the kicker. And as I left, thinking he'd forgotten, I asked for a perscription for something for pain... he told me to take some Advil. We discussed and he still told me I wouldn't need anything more. Yeah. Why not just say baby aspirin? So that's why I've been up all night holding my face.

And I'm hungry.

And as I left the office, the receptionist warned me that my insurance doesn't pay much for root canals, only a couple hundred - they'd rather just have the tooth yanked (me too) - but she wanted me to be prepared for how much all this fun for this one tooth was gonna cost.
$1140.

God help us. But here's the Amen part.. I'm weak both in spirit and body... from the anemia, stress and the tooth(s). I just couldn't take it and I called the dentist - I begged and cried and they are calling in some Vicoden to the pharmacy. Thank God. It's probably only a prescription for two tablets, but for right now that sounds good to me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better, I hate the dentist.

If you can't chew, a liquid diet could be fun too.

Hope your weekend gets better

Kath said...

Holy shi...

Glad you got some better drugs! And yeah, I second the suggestion of liquids. I know you have GOT to have a blender, right? Throw in fruit, yogurt, a little ice - smoothie heaven! If you can pick up some protein powder at the store, that'll help you keep up your nutrition level too.

Oooo...get some pudding cups too! Yummy!

Unknown said...

I think you need to put a little something stronger in your smoothie

Harbor Hon said...

OMG! That's outrageous for a root canal. I'd rather just lose the tooth. I remember the pain I had so I know what you mean and I hope you get to feeling better soon. I think I need to go punch out a dentist. :) I lived on frozen yogurt when I had the teeth pulled. It made me feel so much better, especially with the giggle pills. xxoo