Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It takes a real man to say he's sorry..

You don't get that much these days. Men don't like to admit they're wrong much less apologize. But I've gotten two just this week. The first from brother "Al-vis" which was sweet, but necessary. And the second from my stepfather who just stopped by when he saw my car in the driveway. We chatted a bit and somewhere out of the blue he told me he was really and truly sorry for kicking me out of the house at the age of 17. He wanted to say more but I stopped him, told him I forgave him a long time ago and that it was probably one of the best things that ever happened to me. Looking back, it's all the struggle I've lived through my life that's made me who I am. And I like me. Mostly.

And I am blessed.

Update: Just browsing the news and found this link about the controversy of the 2000 olympics and the age of the gymnasts. All I can say is "wow". Here's the link.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I think that people, in general, don't like to admit they were wrong and/or say they're sorry.

Glad you got to hear it twice this week alone ;)