Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tuckered out

I am. I've worked around the house all day and I don't care that it's not yet dark, but a shower and bed aren't too far away. I've pretty much been puttering around and gettin' my routine down. Hard to believe it's only been two months since I retired... but oh how great it is. Even when I'm bored - I'm still very grateful. I guess I thought that with the end of work would also come the end of the disabling anxiety. I was wrong. It's there just different but I'm working on it and that's the best I can do.

Tomorrow my project is a big one. I'm finally gonna figure out that giant rug shampoo thingy that I bought some time last year. The carpets have been patient but I think they've reached their limit. I just HATE having to sit down with something and pay attention and figure out directions. It's worse than eating liver or spinach. The trouble is that I also have NO CLUE about the workings of ANYTHING so I tend to put it off because I KNOW I have to read the stupid directions. And this is why I've had a carpet cleaner for a year that I haven't used yet.

So there.

Next week I have a hearing that's a big one and determines a large part of my future. Think good thoughts for me please.

And now I shall toddle off like an old lady to prepare for night before the sun goes down... and besides.. THIS old lady still has a hangover from yesterday. I don't get out much but when I do... I apparently can overdo!!

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

You can sleep whenever you darned well please and it doesn't mean you're an old lady at all. Babies sleep all the time and my cats are always snoozing. Youth gets tired too!

Enjoy the right to rest whenever and wherever you want!