Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's so very quiet...

The lawn looks lovely and the house isn't so bad either. It's a beautiful day out there. Somethin' about gettin' up early in the morning that I just love. Sometimes I go back to bed and sometimes I don't *grin*.

Now that the major shock of being retired is getting settled in my head and body, a lot seems different. I have more aches and pains - at least that I feel now that I'm not completely sedated 10 hours out of every day - but I'm workin' it out and it's getting better. I can't say my anxiety is completely gone, nor have I gotten rid of the Xanax completely, but it's a whole lot better and that's more than a girl can ask for.

I'd say I'm doin' pretty A-OK, all things considered. I think I might get out my kite flyin' stuff this afternoon.

And I am blessed.

3 comments:

E. Smith said...

How lovely to have the option to go back to bed.

By the way, I love the new blog look!

Mia said...

Thank you so much E.Smith. I could have worked on the sharpness as the original pic is much better - but I have concentration problems . lol

Thanks again for the compliment 'cuz I like it too :)

Sheepish Annie said...

I think that all life changes, even the good ones, require some adjustment. Once your body catches up with your brain and realizes that the trauma is over, I'm betting you'll feel much better. Until then, take it as it comes and enjoy knowing you can always just go back to bed!