Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ok, so it's starting to sink in.

I feel so free already... about a week of work to go and I'm done. Most people at least have a few months or a year count down before retirement, and I've only had a few days to adjust to the idea... but I like it *grin* Today I spent the morning car shopping for an SUV to tow the camper with and then I came home and started sorting out huge piles of "work" clothes to take to the Goodwill. It's AMAZING to think of how freeing retirement will be when I do stuff like that. Heck, I might never wear a watch again ::laughing::

I also went to a benefit for a good friend last night. She's been having a hell of a fight with breast cancer but is now in remission!! And the benefit was good! I drank a lot, danced a lot, laughed a lot. It was great to get out and just have fun for a night. I needed that.

I have to say, I think I'm truly pretty happy... and it's been a good many years since I've said so. Excited too. Especially because for the last couple of years since I've been riding the bus to work - it equals about 10 hours total I'm out of the house 5 days a week and under so much stress that I about collapsed on the weekend.. but not anymore!!! I can't wait to clean this house inside out and upside down, sleep till noon and stay up past dark.

And sooon, my friends, my camping adventures will begin! But first, one more work week and some more tedious paperwork stuff for the Social Security Disability application and I'll be good to go. (I got a letter from social security yesterday - with all the worry about fraud and such- I was QUITE surprised that it not only contained MY paperwork, but also someone else's compete with their whole name, address, telephone number and Social Security number.) Good thing I'm honest. So there we are. Let the festivities begin *grin*

And I am BLESSED.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Can't wait to hear the travel stories... :D!

Mia said...

OMG. I just realized Molly died one month to the day of her benefit...